Friday 8 February 2013

Muslin Bags & Other Things


This is the February stamp of the month.  You can check this out on my website by clicking on the link on the side.  You can get the instructions to make these projects there as well.

I am stamping on the muslin bags.  I think they make a very nice thank you gift or
a gift for a friend with some bath salts or candy for Valentines.


Here are the pictures of the bags.  Some I like and some are okay.  I was just trying some things as I had a little insomnia last night.


I also made a star.  It is hanging in my scrapbooking room.  It is nice and bright as I used the Chantilly paper to make it. I still have paper and bling left over from the scrapbook on the go.




I am dying a muslin bag.  I chose to dye it with Pear reinker.  I started with a  cup of water and that was not a good choice as the colour (30 drops of reinker) was not dark enough.  I then emptied out half the water (of course with colour added).  I had 1/2 cup of water left and then added 30 more drops.  So total I had 60 drops of reinker in the bag.



Well I tried this and I think I need some more trials. The colour I chose was not dark enough.  I decided to rinse the bag under the tap and it turned a pretty orange colour. This is the final result.





No comments:

Post a Comment